Python is an object-oriented programming language created by Guido Rossum in 1989. It is ideally designed for rapid prototyping of complex applications. It has interfaces to many OS system calls and libraries and is extensible to C or C++. Many large companies use the Python programming language, including NASA, Google, YouTube, BitTorrent, etc.
Why Learn Python Programming?
Python programming is widely used in Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Generation, Neural Networks, and other advanced fields of Computer Science. Moreover, Python is one of the most demanded programming languages in the market, so there are huge job opportunities for candidates having knowledge of Python programming.
Python Programming Characteristics
- It provides rich data types and easier to read syntax than any other programming languages
- It is a platform-independent scripted language with full access to operating system API's
- Compared to other programming languages, it allows more run-time flexibility
- It includes the basic text manipulation facilities of Perl and Awk
- A module in Python may have one or more classes and free functions
- Libraries in Pythons are cross-platform compatible with Linux, Macintosh, and Windows
- For building large applications, Python can be compiled to byte-code
- Python supports functional and structured programming as well as OOP
- It supports interactive mode that allows interacting Testing and debugging of snippets of code
- In Python, since there is no compilation step, editing, debugging, and testing are fast.
Applications of Python Programming Language
- Program video games
- Build Artificial Intelligence algorithms
- Program various scientific programs such as statistical models
Advantages of Using Python
- Easy to Read, Learn and Write
- Improved Productivity
- Interpreted Language
- Dynamically Typed
- Free and Open-Source
- Vast Libraries Support
- How to use lists, tuples, and dictionaries in Python programs
- How to identify Python object types
- How to write functions and pass arguments
- How to read and write files