Selenium is a free (open-source) automated testing framework used to validate web applications across different browsers and platforms. You can use multiple programming languages like Java, C#, Python etc to create Selenium Test Scripts. Testing done using the Selenium testing tool is usually referred to as Selenium Testing.
Selenium Software is not just a single tool but a suite of software, each piece catering to different Selenium QA testing needs of an organization.
Advantages of Selenium Testing
- Language support
- Supports Operating Systems
- Support Across Browsers
- Support for programming languages and framework
- Tests across devices
- Constant updates
- Loaded Selenium suites
- Ease of implementation
- Reusability and Add-ons
- Understand Selenium IDE
- Understand web elements
- Understand TestNG framework
- Taking screen shots using selenium
- Understand Extent Reports
- Handling multiple windows, pop-ups, alerts
- Develop page object model frame work
- Freelancers that want to make bug free websites.